This year, I am recommitting to taking care of myself both physically and spiritually. So, I want to kick off the first three months of the year with
- Kick off the year with the Better Body Plan. The January issue of Fitness Magazine has a very doable workout routine, which is 4 weeks of progressive toning (get the moves here) and cardio. Get the full plan here. [complete by January 31]
- Continue to work out at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes. [ongoing]
- Cook at home more and limit take out to less than 5 meals per week. (My sister got me the Pretty Delicious cookbook by Candice Kumai, it’s got some great recipes I can’t wait to test out!) [start in January]
- Do at least one yoga session a week to get in touch with my body and relieve stress. [start in February]
- Journal at least twice a week. Blogging is therapeutic, but some things I just don’t want to share with anyone else. And physically writing out my feelings can sometimes be more soothing. [start in February]
- Give thanks daily, and pray. [ongoing]
My plan is to focus only on one or two of these goals at a time to keep myself from getting burned out. January I’m doing fitness and nutrition, trying to get those good habits locked in. February is when school starts to get real, so I will start concentrating on my yoga and journaling challenge. I’m going to update my progress in hopes that it wil lkeep me focused and accountable. Wish me luck!
3 thoughts on “My New Year’s Resolution”
How’s this going?? I looove me some Yoga! I haven’t been meditating lately and I swear you can just tell a difference. You feel, well I feel out of touch with life when i don’t.
It’s going well. I’ll be honest, I haven’t met my workout goal but I am improving. I don’t beat myself up about it, and when I do workout I’m more present. I think I put too much pressure on myself to change my body, but if I just concentrate on getting moving it feels okay. Mostly, I’ve noticed that I’m able to let go of a lot of my anxiety. Baby steps 🙂